Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

Youtube Giving Me Issues

I found out recently my ability to upload videos past 15 minutes has been taken away. I'm not entirely sure why, but it's frustrating. I had to cut down on my 1300th video special to make it fit into 15 minutes instead of the original 19 minutes. What's worse is, I have future videos that go a little past 15 minutes that I can't upload in one video because of this.

After much research, no one seems to know the story behind why some YT users lost the ability to upload past 15 minutes. I can't see why mine was revoked. I've had a strike on my account since 2007 that I've been too lazy to take care of, but if that were the issue, I wouldn't have gotten the ability to upload past 15 minutes in the first place. Other users claim to have no strikes and lost the ability as well. YT doesn't seem to be responding to this either.

I'm hoping I can get it back. I applied for YT Partnership in hopes of gaining the ability to upload past 15 minutes again. If it doesn't work, I'm stuck at the 15 minute cap, which will make some videos annoying to upload, such as the final boss of FFIV TaY, which was originally able to fit into two parts but now will likely have to be 3-4 parts. If any of you know what's up with this, feel free to comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heard Brovania @ YT found a way to upload videos past 15 min.

He says,"...In order to upload videos beyond the 15 min mark, remove all copyright material. I guess games don't count..."

Might want to ask him about it.