Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why Only One Video a Day?

I get asked this often. Specifically by the Brawl kids who cry about wondering why I only upload a tourney match a day instead of all the tourney matches at once.

The truth is, lately I've had most of my videos planned out. A few of them I sort of fit into my schedule of videos, such as the Event 41 joke video or the Mikeray Vs TeeVee joke video. But other than that, I've had my videos planned out a month or two ahead of time. This is one of the benefits to uploading a video a day.

Why do I do this, though? Simply because it allows the videos to get more views. Let's say I have 20 sets from one tourney. What if I uploaded all 20 of them in the same day? Do you think most of the viewers want to sit through a couple hours worth of Brawl matches in one day? Highly unlikely. Why not watch some now and the rest later? What if they forget, or don't care enough to? Not all the viewers are die hard Brawl fans. Some may not even be Brawl fans at all.

Uploading a video a day creates a sort of anticipation and suspense for my subscribers. When it's only a video a day, it's easy for the viewer to watch, instead of trying to find time to watch multiple videos a day from just me.

Currently, I have daily videos planned all the way up until April. No I will not upload them all at once, either. I get bugged a lot by the Brawlers who are actually in the matches that want to see them. What do I have to say to them? Either be patient or record them yourself.

No comments: