Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pound V Was Great

I had a lot of fun at Pound V. I met my goals, which was to make it out of both singles and doubles pools. I didn't do quite as well in the pro bracket as I wanted, but I had M2K round 2, so I was sent into losers rather early.

Doubles was hilarious. Fatal and I basically trolled by going all double Snake, which is considered one of the worst teams in the game. We managed to get 7th/48, losing to Jerm & Trela, and Ultimate Razer & Gnes. We took out Neo & Slikvic and Nick Riddle & Kadaj. It would have been nice to get 5th, but I'm fine with 7th.

Singles was alright for me. I 2-0'd everyone fairly easily in my first pool, almost dropping a game to Punishment Divine. Second pool I lost to Esam 0-2 and then 2-0'd everyone else.

Bracket wasn't too fun for me. I almost got DQed for not showing up on time, because Fatal thought it'd be a brilliant idea to put our luggage in the car in the parking garage, 1 mile away. So 2 miles of walking took much longer than we though. Kid Goggles almost DQed me, but Tant said to play it out, so I rushed in without any kind of warmup. I won game 1 pretty decently. I forgot that Sonic is good on Pictochat and banned Rainbow Cruise instead. He ended up winning the Pictochat match, as I DIed a Bair pretty bad. Game 3 was really close, we were both at about 120%, but I got the utilt kill when he jumped up at me while I was on a platform.

Next set was M2K. Despite not warming up, I took both games down to last stock with him at 70% before dying. I was ahead the entire match on FD until the end. I seem to have a habit of blowing leads. In losers, I got a free win since Seagull wasn't there. Then I had to fight Poltergust. I'm usually extremely good at the Yoshi matchup, but last stock on game 1 Poltergust decided to do a suicide Fair spike on me which caught me very off guard and actually managed to kill me. So I ended up just straight out losing game 2 and losing to him. I spent the rest of the tourney coaching Fatal to beat King Toon, Lie, and MVD, before he finally lost to Ultimate Razer. He lost to Lie in winners, because he's awful at the Diddy matchup.

Overall, fun weekend, met my goals so I'm happy with that. Interested to see if I can use what I learned at Pound V at DNA this weekend. :)

Here's some videos from Pound V:

Fatal & Bizkit Vs Nick Riddle & Kadaj: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z2nxPOpu6E
Only doubles set with us saved.

Pokemon Singing during Melee Finals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_KHYGtTIXs

Fatal Vs Lie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XvxxLBdgKA
Fatal Vs Razer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AflkTyO5IQ

No comments: